Meet Pleasant Hill Dentist – Dr. Kevin Dowd
Excellence in dentistry begins with a careful co-diagnosis and treatment plan to establish the goals we will achieve together. Communication and long-term relationships are important to us. Let us know what is on your mind and ask questions. We will help you realize an investment in yourself pays dividends for a lifetime. We are caring, skilled professionals, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
We want all our patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their dental health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
I am a graduate of the University of California at Davis with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry. After completing my undergraduate education, I studied dentistry at the University of Pacific Dental School. I chose dentistry as a profession as I’ve always enjoyed spending time with other people, and working with my hands. I graduated from dental school in 1991 as a member of both Tau Kappa Omega (UOP Dental Schools honor Society) and Omicron Kappa Upsilon ( a national dental honor society).
I took over this practice from a wonderful retiring dentist in 2000. There are still four terrific staff members here who worked in the practice for several years before I took over. I have hired three other staff members since that time and all of them have been here over ten years now. I am extremely fortunate to be able to work with the patient and staff families that I do.
When not at the office, I mostly enjoy spending time with the wonderful family I have. My children, Molly, Jack, and Claire keep me very happy with lots of love. I also thoroughly enjoy snow skiing, water skiing, bike riding, and just spending time outdoors in general.
Kevin T. Dowd, D.D.S.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, University of California, Davis, (1988)
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS), University of Pacific School of Dentistry San Francisco (1991)
- Tau Kappa Omega Dental Honor Society Award,
University of Pacific School of Dentistry (San Francisco, CA 1991)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society Award, National Honor Society (Award 1991)
- California Dental Association Award
“Outstanding Academic Achievements and Contributions (Received 1991)
- Dr. Eric B Bystrom memorial Award For the Spirit and Enthusiasm Toward Dentistry”
Received from Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Contra Costa Dental Society
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- The 2010 Bay Area Top Doctors and Dentist Award” www.doctorsimprovinghealthcare.org